Undoubtably one of the biggest strengths of healthcare workers is their genuine care and commitment for the health and wellbeing of others. However increasingly the very people we rely on in times of our greatest need are finding themselves physically tired, mentally fatigued and emotionally spent. In fact the World Health Organisation has classified workplace burnout as an occupational phenomenon, with the recent pandemic creating significant additional pressure for our healthcare workers.
There are much higher levels of anxiety, workplace stress, burnout, and communication breakdowns amongst healthcare and emergency response workers than ever before. This is having a significant flow on effect to their families, home life and their mental wellbeing. The increase of mental health issues is one of the reasons many healthcare workers are leaving the workforce. There is an estimated projected shortfall of 18 million health workers by 2030.
Finnbell Consulting’s Reflect, Reset & Renew program is a 90-minute group coaching experience tailored for healthcare professionals and first responders to use as a starting point to check in with their self-care and explore options for cultivating a greater sense of wellbeing. Practices explored are designed to be used in the moment (such as in PPE or BA in the middle of a shift!) and aims to support participants with expanding their strategies for how to effectively respond to challenging situations and interactions.
- Gain insights to the connection between your Heart Rate Variability and overall wellbeing, including a simple practice that can done in the moment to achieve a more coherent and calm state,
- An evidence-based approach for cultivating more positive emotions (and how this is fundamentally different to ‘positive thinking’),
- A strategy to support with effectively responding (rather than reacting) to challenging situations and interactions.
- Provides a space to PAUSE and check in with how they are feeling, the impact this is having and the opportunity to set at least one action to begin the shift from feeling ‘depleted’ to ‘renewed’,
- Increase their capacity to focus in the moment and transition from feeling ‘stuck’ to identifying how they can positively influence outcomes and their related experience,
- Establish a self-care starter plan to guide next steps and assist with forming and norming more helpful habits,
- Connect with a community of other healthcare workers to share insights and maintain focus and momentum with prioritising self-care.
About the facilitator:
Katheryn Curnow, Director of Finnbell Consulting, has over 15 years experience working as an Organisational Development Consultant and is an Associate Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation. Katheryn’s experience is underpinned by studies in applied neuroscience, positive psychology and the ongoing exploration of dynamic approaches to equip individuals with the skills and confidence to thrive and reach their full potential. This includes being a Level 2 iRest Instructor, Add Heart - HeartMath Facilitator, Positive Intelligence Mental Fitness coach and more.
If you would like to receive more information on dates and prices for Healthcare Heartbeat’s Reflect, Reset & Renew program, complete the form via: Healthcare Heartbeat Enquiry.