World Youth International was founded in 1988 by the late Robert Hoey, and has since facilitated meaningful volunteer opportunities for more than 3,000 Australians, and provided access to basic services such as healthcare and education for more than 40,000 people across the globe.
At the heart of all our work is a commitment to community-led, sustainable development projects, and a belief in the power of volunteers to create real impact.
To educate, empower and inspire positive change within the global community through the legacy of Robert Hoey.
World Youth International (WYI) is committed to:
- Creating innovative and exciting opportunities for people to live life passionately and contribute to the global community;
- Enhancing quality of life, strengthening communities and reducing poverty through sustainable development projects.
Our Organisational Structure:
- WYI is a not for profit, non-religious and non-political international non-government organisation;
- WYI is approved as an Overseas Aid Gift Deduction Recipient by the Australian Taxation Department and the Department of Foreign Affairs;
- WYI is a registered Charitable Institution.