Did you know that $11.0 billion was spent on mental health-related services in Australia during 2019–20? This figure is expected to increase due to the impact of the pandemic, bushfires, and the most recent devastating floods. The Federal Government’s total estimated mental health spend in 2021–22 is $6.3 billion, and has specifically invested $2.3 billion into Mental Health and Suicide Prevention.
Healthcare and Emergency Services workers time and time again put the community's needs in front of their own, and we all know this is taking it’s toll. Our workers are feeling exhausted, burnt out, and in need of a break. Nurses are resigning from workplace stress and pressure, and those who haven't are beyond exhausted. No one should be pushed to the point of quitting their job due to stress, nor should they be expected to be pushed to their limit each day to the point of almost irreparable exhaustion.
We developed Healthcare Heartbeat with an aim to improve some of the many challenges that our workers are currently facing. There is an estimated projected shortfall of 18 million healthcare workers by 2030. We believe Healthcare Heartbeat will help create more resilient and happier healthcare workers. This is extremely valid for the younger generation who are just commencing their careers. We need to ensure they are equipped with the right tools to manage stress and anxiety, so that they don’t experience burn out, particularly early on in their careers. It is essential that quality support and career development opportunities are given to healthcare professionals and first responders so that they can flourish in their chosen occupations, and be retained.
Aligning with the Government’s preventative approach Healthcare Heartbeat delivers essential programs that allow healthcare and emergency services workers to receive evidence-based coaching to improve and protect their mental health and well-being.
Check them out below!
The Reflect, Reset, & Renew program is a 90-minute online group coaching experience tailored for healthcare and emergency service workers to learn how to restore a sense of calm following a demanding shift or triggering encounter!
- Provides a space to PAUSE and check in with how you are feeling
- Teaches how you can begin your shift feeling ‘renewed’ instead of 'depleted'
- Increases your capacity to focus in the moment
- Establishes a self-care starter plan to help develop more helpful habits
- Provides access to further useful tools and practices
- Connects you with a community of others to share insights and maintain focus.
The Building Mental Fitness Program is a 7-week course, which includes online coaching, peer support, and access to the innovative Positive Intelligence App for a period of 12 months from the program commencement.
Key benefits include:
- Improved capacity to navigate stress, restore a state of calm, and increased confidence,
- Learning approaches for how to better relate to others, including strategies for navigating conflict,
- Heightened performance by taking decisive action, developing ‘outside-the-box’ solutions and learning strategies for effectively facilitating collaboration.
Healthcare leaders play a vital role in helping their teams and colleagues to develop, grow, and sustain balance for themselves so they can be at their best for their patients, colleagues, and family. Coach Studio runs highly interactive programs which are vital in preventing burn out, under performance from prolonged stress, and the loss of once held passion and purpose for their work.
Coaching skills have evolved as vital to improving leadership and an effective way to support and develop leaders working in complex healthcare systems. Institutions like Harvard Medical School and the Department of Health (WA Health) have embraced coaching wholeheartedly as a means to improving performance and wellbeing for healthcare professionals, firstly for self-nurturing and growth and secondly for professional development that provides positive benefits for the healthcare organisation and their team. It is crucial that HR Professionals and Managers within the healthcare sector are equipped with the right skills to support their team's performance and growth.
The 3-day Coach Leader Training enables healthcare leaders to develop leadership impact through:
- Shifting from emotional reaction to responsive
- Deep listening skills
- Own self awareness and flexing your coaching style
- Building trust and collaboration
- Improving engagement and accountability
- Participants typically come away being reinspired with their leadership, purpose, capacity and effectiveness.
View the brochure for more information.
Embrace the support you need, while also helping others; a portion of these course’s registration fees are contributed towards building the mental fitness of other nurses, healthcare professionals and first responders through not-for-profit World Youth International and Healthcare Heartbeat. A donation to Healthcare Heartbeat will enable a registered healthcare professional or first responders to access the above courses. Donate today.