If you would like make a direct deposit donation, please donate using the following information.
Account Name: World Youth International
Reference: ER plus Your name
Tax deductible receipts will be issued for all online donations. If you would like a tax receipt and have made a direct deposit donation, please email email@example.com with the details of your transfer and we will provide you with an electronic receipt. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call Terry on 08 8340 1266.
Latest Update 16/07/2015
Nepal Earthquake Update
We are so excited to announce that since the earthquake we have raised more than $100,000 for relief and rebuilding efforts in Nepal!
World Youth International would like to pass on our sincere thanks to all of the people who have supported our earthquake appeal over the last 2 months. Many people have made incredibly generous donations of both time and funds, and we couldn?t be more grateful!
Special thanks goes out to those who have organised major fundraising events for this appeal over the past few weeks. Your dedication and support is amazing and so appreciated!
Update on Progress:
- 6 newly orphaned children have been accepted into the Sapana Dreaming Children's Home.
- 22 new sponsors sourced for children attending the WYI Nepal School.
- 22 volunteers will be participating in our Nepal Relief Program from September ? November this year to help rebuild vial community projects in villages that have been hit the hardest.
- 3 teams of nurses will be deployed from September 2015 to Match 2016 to offer a range of medical services to Nepal, including free medical camps.
- The WYI School reopened part of the school on June 28. Although much of the school is still closed, WYI Nepal was able to reopen several newly built classrooms to offer counseling services to their students. They are also conducting classes on the school oval.
Where does the money go?
- We have sent funds to help with immediate relief for the children attending the Sapana Dreaming Home. These funds were used to purchase food, clean water and medical supplies.
- We have repaired the main water pipe which supplies water to the school and community. This has brought in clean drinking water to the community and has made an immediate impact.
- Next steps will be to repair and rebuild the WYI Nepal School and Sapana Dreaming Children's Home, as well as rebuilding community projects in devastated villages nearby.
Nepal continues to be rocked by aftershocks every day. These aftershocks continue to weaken the already damaged buildings and repair work cannot commence until the aftershocks have stopped.
The second major challenge is the monsoon season that has recently hit Nepal. These heavy rains continue to loosen the already unstable land creating devastating landslides across the country.
Repair and Rebuilding of the WYI School and Sapana Dreaming Children's Home
WYI is fortunate to have the support of Nepal's leading engineering company and they have already inspected our projects in Gokarna on two occasions. Both the school and orphanage have been rated as unstable. Therefore, the Sapana orphans are living in the school administration building, which we know is safe until WYI can conduct the necessary repair work to the orphanage.
Repair work will not commence until the wet season is over and the aftershocks have stopped. It is likely that WYI will commence our repair work on the school and orphanage this September providing the land is stable.
WYI has also set aside funds to help rebuild many of the community projects in the remote mountain villages that have been decimated by the earthquake. WYI's first priority will be to repair and reopen community schools and then WYI will support (funds permitting) other community projects such as medical centres, children's homes community centres.
We still need your help!
WYI is still accepting tax deductible donations to our Earthquake Appeal! You can help here:
We also need to find 28 new sponsors so that families in Gokarna can send their children to the WYI School. It costs just $411 per year to sponsor a child and you will be changing their lives forever! Find out more.
On behalf of WYI Australia and Nepal, we wish to once again extend our gratitude for the generosity and support you have shown us during our time of need.
THIS IS A CALL TO ALL PAST WYI PARTICIPANTS
Now more than ever Nepal needs our support!
We have just launched our Nepal Relief Volunteer Program for 2015! Please click on the following link to learn more about this program.
If you have any questions you would like to discuss before applying, just send me an email or give me a call. Remember, placements are limited and the response to my call for volunteers has been bigger than I could have ever expected so apply now to avoid disappointment.
Thanks again for your support and we look forward to getting you to Nepal soon!
Latest Update 30/4/2015